When I started using Atom as my code editor, I greatly improved the code I produce and the time it takes. One of the main features that come in handy is the ability to install addons. A word of caution: If you starting to add a lot of addon Atom IDE will start load a bit longer which may be an issue if your machine is not strong enough. My general advice will be to skip everything you are not going to need and if you just want to test one of the Aton Add-ons below make sure to uninstall it if you don’t like it.
Atom IDE Add-ons I have active:
- Pigments – Visually display the color of any HEX or RGB values in the code with the actual colors.
- Minimap – Creates a bar that shows a visual preview of the code in a particular file. Something like an advanced scrollbar.
- Minimap Pigments – Display Pigments addon colors on the minimap.
- Highlight Selected – When you select a piece of code it highlights the rest of the occurrences of that piece of code.
- Minimap Highlight Selected – Adds Highlight Selected to the MiniMap.
- Minimap Find and Replace – Displays search matches in the MiniMap
- Linter – I’m using the base linter and the code language addons I use are listed below.
- Linter: UI default
- Linter: Tidy (linter-tidy)
- Linter: SASS Lint – If you use SASS or SCSS.
- Linter: ES Lint
- Linter: CSS Lint
- File Icons – Adds File icons to the UI.
- Atom Beautify – Code Beautify. Works with most of the coding languages.
- Atom IDE UIÂ – Atom UIs to support language services and debuggers as part of Atom IDE.
- Atom IDE PHP – Adds PHP support to Atom.
What are your favorite addons for Atom? If I’m missing something important in my list here please let me know in the comments.
Have a great one!
If you want to recieve the latest WordPress snippets, tutorials, tricks and useful information about web development, seo, social media marketing, google you can Subscribe to our newsletter. All you need to do is to fill the Subscribe form below, verify your Free Subscription in your email and start read our daily useful tips and tricks straight in your mailbox.
Note* we hate spam and our newsletter is powered by Google Feedburner and you will not get spam messages in your mailbox.