How old is WordPress?
Currently in 2019 WordPress is 18 years old. Yup born in 2001 WP is a Millennial teen. For all this time WordPress has been given a lot of names depending on the version.
Just to mention a few of the main versions and the years they have been released in:
Bebo: Version 5.0 in 2018 (Also known as Gutenberg but that is how the visual editor is called).
Benny: Version 4.0 in 2014.
Thelonious: Version 3.0 in 2010.
Duke: Version 2.0 in 2005. Introducing WYSIWYG editor and plugin hooks
Davis: Version 1.0 in 2004. Yey officially 1.0
b2 cafelog launched in 2001.
There are a lot more than the major releases I listed above but all of them are very important as the code and the WordPress community has been growing (age wise) together. In the end the simple CMS started in 2001 currently is one of the most used platforms for creating websites, loved by the developers for its versatility and easy to code it attitude.
I hope this quick answer was helpful.
Have a great one!
Hello, In this article, I will show you how to remove the footer wrap when removing the post meta in the Genesis Framework. …
Hello, When I started using Atom as my code editor, I greatly improved the code I produce and the time it takes. One …
Quickly Display Featured FAQ’s Make a plan and create a road map and Scale your idea. Before you start displaying your pages with …
The WordPress functions the_content and get_the_content are used to pull the main text area from the page or post. The difference between them …
Change the default color for dash icon in the admin menu Probably you have this question when you create a Custom WordPress Theme …
To install the Lighthouse extension for Google Chrome: Download Google Chrome for Desktop. Install the Lighthouse Chrome Extension from the Chrome Webstore. To run an audit: …
Wordpress Resources | Snippets | Themes
- How to remove Genesis Framework post meta along with the Footer wrap on blog loop and single.php?
- What Atom IDE Plugins I use on my set up?
- How to Display FAQs Featured Snippet in Google SERP?
- What does the_content and get_the_content do in WordPress?
- How to change Dash icon color in WordPress admin menu with CSS?
Do you need a custom Wordpress Template?
You are on the right place if you need specific design, functions or template/s for your WordPress website. Did you ever ask some of the Questions Below?
- How do I create a custom WordPress template?
- How customisable is WordPress?
- How much does a custom WordPress theme cost?
- How do I edit the content of my WordPress site?
- How do I create a menu in Wordpress?
- What is the default template in Wordpress?
- How do I upload a theme to Wordpress?
- How do I create a new page in Wordpress?
- How do I add a template to Wordpress?
- How do I add a subpage in Wordpress?
- How old is Wordpress?
- What are Wordpress pages?
- How can I create a template?
- How do I change my theme in Wordpress?
- What is a taxonomy in Wordpress?
- Can you copy a page in Wordpress?
- How do I convert HTML to Wordpress?
- How do I change the layout of one page in Wordpress?
- How do I set a front page in Wordpress?
- How do I change the layout of my Wordpress blog?
- How do I change the header in Wordpress?
- How do I change the header text in Wordpress?
- How do I edit the top bar in Wordpress?
- How do I change the top header in Wordpress?
- How do I change my logo in Wordpress?
- How do I edit headers and footers in Wordpress?
- How do I hide the admin bar in Wordpress?
- How do I hide the toolbar in Wordpress?
- How do I edit text on a Wordpress site?
- How do I remove the Powered by Wordpress?
- How do I change my social media links on Wordpress?
- How do I add my Instagram feed to Wordpress?
- How do I link Facebook to my Wordpress website?