How to Fix PHP 7.2 “Warning: count()” on get_the_content() or the_content()
Looking to fix this “Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /wp-includes/post-template.php on line 284” or something along those lines?
The issue is coming from inside the get_the_content function, it counts global $page which in some (or more than some) cases can be null and that is not a supported value for countable in PHP 7.2+. and we get an E_WARNING
I had this issue using Sage and PHP 7.2 it was breaking the_content() and I got the content from the meta fields by using get_post_field(‘post_content’, $post->id) and running it through the_content filter so we can get all the formatting right.
//Get the_content from a post or page
return apply_filters('the_content', get_post_field('post_content', $post->id));
Just replace get_the_content in your function with zi_content() or just echo it into your template file like so:
Today I will share something that I use often. Getting the children of the current queried category or taxonomy and making from them …
Wordpress Resources | Snippets | Themes
- How to Setup Atom Application To Open File Types in Filezilla Using Mac Laptop PC?
- How to create simple WordPress Loop for posts and display it in single.php WordPress Theme file
- How to quickly install Roots Trellis and Bedrock for local development environment on Windows
- What do you need to install on your Windows PC for work with Roots Trellis and Bedrock stack.
- Ctreate a query from a single category slug