How to run Lighthouse in Chrome DevTools ( VIDEO )
To install the Lighthouse extension for Google Chrome:
- Download Google Chrome for Desktop.
- Install the Lighthouse Chrome Extension from the Chrome Webstore.
To run an audit:
- In Chrome, go to the page you want to audit.
- Click Lighthouse. It should be next to the Chrome address bar. If not, open Chrome’s main menu and access it at the top of the menu. After clicking, the Lighthouse menu expands.
Lighthouse for Google Chrome Browser is an open-source, automated tool for improving the quality of your web pages. You can run it against any web page. It has audits for:
- Progressive web apps (PWA)
- Best Practices
You can run Lighthouse in Chrome DevTools, from the command line, or as a Node module. You give Lighthouse a URL to audit, it runs a series of audits against the page, and then it generates a report on how well the page did. From there, use the failing audits as indicators on how to improve the page. Each audit has a reference doc explaining why the audit is important, as well as how to fix it.
How to run Lighthouse audit in Google Chrome web Browser and Inspect Element
Running The Lighthouse Audit in Google DevTools and Inspect Element:
- Open Google Chrome on your PC.
- Open your website in Google Chrome.
- Right-click anywhere on your website and Find Inspect tab.
- Scroll to the bottom and select “Inspect” in Google Chrome Web Browser.
- Select the “Audits” tab at the top of the inspection dock in the right position.
- Click “Perform an audit”.
- Select the audits you would like to complete then click “Run audit”. The more audits you select the longer the audit will take. The audit will take a few minutes and then the report will be available for you to view and download in JSON format.
The scan from the video is without any optimization of the Page and have low scores on Performance, Accessibility and best practices at all.
In the Next Series of Articles for White Hat SEO Optimization we will explain how to Speed up and optimize the page to get a faster web page and improve the rank of your website in the SERP results in Google. Subscribe to our Feeds to learn how to Optimize WordPress and How to Achieve 100/100 with the Google Page Speed Test Tool.
Increase your site rank with White Hat SEO Techniques and a few Free SEO Tools 1. Google Search Console Google Search Console is …
Emojis are little icons used to express ideas or emotions Don’t forget to back-up your functions.php before implementing these codes. WordPress automatically loads the file wp-emoji-release.min.js on the front-end …